Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Kevin Sholder on November 14, 2013, 09:01:05 pm

Title: varnish sprays, are they worth the investment and time?
Post by: Kevin Sholder on November 14, 2013, 09:01:05 pm
Are these varnish sprays worth using with your fine art papers?  If so, which are the preferred ones?

I see most manufacturers offer them in one fashion or another.  I don't currently spray / roll my prints, but am considering it as I know there are benefits, but I don't have a spray booth handy to keep dust away when using them.

Thanks,
Kevin
Title: Re: varnish sprays, are they worth the investment and time?
Post by: I.T. Supplies on November 15, 2013, 05:37:54 pm
Hello Kevin,

There are a few brands with finishing products available.  The main few are PremierArt and Clearshield.  They both carry spray cans.  Premier is 14oz and a matte finish.  Clearshield has low gloss, semi gloss and gloss available in 11 oz cans.

Both of these would work for extra protection and longevity ability on prints.  You can even apply in a garage or outside.  Indoor may have a light odor for a short time when spraying.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Atlex.com
Title: Re: varnish sprays, are they worth the investment and time?
Post by: Ken Doo on November 15, 2013, 06:35:34 pm
I wouldn't use Premier Art Shield indoors without either a "spray room" or good exhaust fan.  Definitely need a well-ventilated area.