Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: MarcTetreault on November 12, 2013, 06:27:13 pm

Title: LUCIA EX (Canon iPF8400) protection coating
Post by: MarcTetreault on November 12, 2013, 06:27:13 pm
Hi,

Anybody using some kind of varnish with success on LUCIA EX pigment-water ink?

Thanks,

Marc
Title: Re: LUCIA EX (Canon iPF8400) protection coating
Post by: I.T. Supplies on November 13, 2013, 03:19:42 pm
It depends on the media that you print on.  Photo papers work best with solvent spray while canvas's work best with lacquer based roll on products.  PremierArt and Clearshield carry these products.

We've printed on the Canon IPF6450 and used both products without any issues so far.  If you have problems, chances are that the product may be defective or isn't suitable for the media that was used.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Atlex.com
800-327-2822
Title: Re: LUCIA EX (Canon iPF8400) protection coating
Post by: MarcTetreault on November 13, 2013, 05:33:29 pm
I want to use it on clear films,

About Clearshield, are you talking about the one for water based ink or solvent based?

I am trying to get the mildest chemicals possible. The Clearshield MSDS was a bit borderline.

I am about to experiment some acrylic-water based varnishes.

1) Anybody know how Lucia EX inks behave with a water based varnish if we use a "watersafe" precoated film?

2) Is there some know better than other and cost effective pre-coated clear films for LUCIA EX?

Thanks,

Title: Re: LUCIA EX (Canon iPF8400) protection coating
Post by: acktdi on November 15, 2013, 12:57:16 pm
I'm using Breathing Color products with my IPF8400 - canvas and fine art papers with their Lyve coating.  Sprayed for canvas and rolled on the fine art paper, no problems or fading after 1 year.
Title: Re: LUCIA EX (Canon iPF8400) protection coating
Post by: I.T. Supplies on November 15, 2013, 04:24:03 pm
If your using a coating for a film, it's better to use the spray as the roll on products can possibly peal the ink from the media.  This is due to the pressure to apply the laminate.  The spray is like using a can of air and will lightly lay on the media without applying pressure.

Hope this helps.
Atlex.com