Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 12, 2013, 12:14:05 pm

Title: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 12, 2013, 12:14:05 pm
What Spring brings forth, Fall takes away.

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3833/10808237476_7a0d89985a_o.jpg)
Title: Re: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: wolfnowl on November 13, 2013, 01:03:21 am
Nicely done.  I'd prefer it w/o the branch on the bottom, but you can't always have everything.

Mike.
Title: Re: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: francois on November 13, 2013, 05:24:34 am
I tried to remove the lower branch to see whether it improves the photo or not. On one hand, it makes the image cleaner, which is a good thing but on the other hand, the lower branch helps to frame the dead leaf.
I have no clear choice here.
Anyway, it's a very nice portrait of autumn.
Bravo!
Title: Re: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 13, 2013, 07:01:56 am
Thanks Mike and Francois. I did it both ways as well and came to the same conclusion as Francois and left the lower limb. I shot the leaf 8 ways to Sunday but couldn't get a clear view without a lower limb but thought the shot worthy to not worry over the small stuff. It was the first cold day I'd experienced this fall and dreary as it was, this little guy made my day.
Title: Re: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 13, 2013, 01:38:50 pm
I'd be tempted to burn in the lower branch a bit, just so it isn't quite so prominent. Lovely shot!
Title: Re: The Last Vestige of Fall
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 13, 2013, 02:23:46 pm
I'd be tempted to burn in the lower branch a bit, just so it isn't quite so prominent. Lovely shot!


There's a good idea. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.