Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2013, 12:40:16 am

Title: Angels on High
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2013, 12:40:16 am
(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/10700625964_707227b775_b.jpg)
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 08, 2013, 12:54:02 am
Love it !
Though ... these angels need a hairbrush ...
:D
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: David Eckels on November 08, 2013, 12:17:31 pm
Obviously agents of darkness! I love it.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: RSL on November 08, 2013, 12:55:40 pm
It's a good depiction of turkey buzzards, Chris.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 08, 2013, 06:12:04 pm
It's a good depiction of turkey buzzards, Chris.
They look more like crows or ravens to me, but it's a fine shot anyway.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2013, 07:31:46 pm
I'm pretty sure they were either turkey buzzards or vultures. We have both here. This was a shot from the 70-200 all the way out to 200. Didn't have to crop much.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: RSL on November 08, 2013, 09:16:12 pm
They're turkey buzzards. I see 'em every morning when I walk the river in Florida --  which is where I'll be, end of next week.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 08, 2013, 09:56:57 pm
Oh goody. I'll make a trip down to see you. It's about time to get out on the road again.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Rob C on November 09, 2013, 04:30:17 am
Oh goody. I'll make a trip down to see you. It's about time to get out on the road again.

In a Mini?

Rob C
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 09, 2013, 07:10:41 am
In a Mini?

Rob C

My 2004 Mini Cooper S has logged 157,950 miles from Panama City, Fl to the Keys, to Maine, Montana, Santa Fe, St. Louis and all parts hither tither and beyond...a simple 325 mile jaunt down to see Russ is just a walk in the park, a fast one mind you, but just a hop.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2013, 09:36:31 am
My 2004 Mini Cooper S has logged 157,950 miles from Panama City, Fl to the Keys, to Maine, Montana, Santa Fe, St. Louis and all parts hither tither and beyond...a simple 325 mile jaunt down to see Russ is just a walk in the park, a fast one mind you, but just a hop.
I trust you have waterproofed the chassis in order to drive from Maine to Spain.  ;)
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: RSL on November 09, 2013, 11:11:24 am
Oh goody. I'll make a trip down to see you. It's about time to get out on the road again.

Looking forward to it, Chris. Besides, I owe you a lunch and a beer. We should get there Saturday afternoon, so give me some time to unpack.
Title: Re: Angels on High
Post by: Rob C on November 09, 2013, 11:17:08 am
I trust you have waterproofed the chassis in order to drive from Maine to Spain.  ;)



No need: the Cooper S is guaranteed to go so fast that it will aquaplane the whole way!

Maine to Spain without pain!

Rob C