Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: l_d_allan on November 07, 2013, 02:22:09 pm
-
I was surprised when "Windows Update" had an update for my Canon Pro 9000-2' print-driver. I don't think I've seen updates delivered that way before.
I did notice several new "Media-Types", and I'm curious about them:
* Pro Platinum N
* Glossy Photo Paper N
* Plus Glossy II N (which I think showed up in a previous, recent print-driver update)
My speculation is that "N" stands for "New", but anyone have more info? Why not "II" or "III" (although I suppose the inkjet paper itself is the same)?
My further speculation is that if there were significant improvements, perhaps new printer-profiles would be justified? Or not?
FWIW:
As a ink cartridge refiller, I'm a bit concerned that it might implement something that makes the 9000-2 "hostile" to refilling the "friendly" CLI-8 carts, but I think that would be an issue with printer firmware, not the o/s print-driver. Or not?