Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 06, 2013, 04:09:29 pm

Title: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 06, 2013, 04:09:29 pm
Here it is:
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: Harald L on November 06, 2013, 04:45:19 pm
Um, doesn't work for me at all. Just busy and confusing. The only thing which draw my attention (in a distracting way) was the vertical twig in the upper left quadrant.

Sorry for not ignoring.

Harald
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: RSL on November 06, 2013, 06:31:28 pm
Afraid I agree, Chris. There's just no there there.
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 07, 2013, 12:54:36 am
Maybe I fell in a trap with this image.
I looked at it a couple of times in bigger magnification, like double or quadruple the size presented here.
I will think about another crop - I probably denied you the detail in the leaves and the wood with this smallish size.
When I get home today I'll give it another try.
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 07, 2013, 01:59:39 pm
Okay - I added a second image - its a crop and different edit of the first.
I'm bumping this in case someone dares to watch this thread.
Hope its an improvement ...
But stay honest with your critique !
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: stamper on November 08, 2013, 04:27:46 am
My initial reaction was to agree with Harald but the more you look at them then the more you see. In #2 the big branch is a good diagonal that could possibly be a little more prominent. It isn't going to be a "winner" but it is interesting. Possibly more contrast?
Title: Re: My take on this autumns color ...
Post by: Berliner on November 10, 2013, 10:21:52 pm
The original image has a nice diagonal transition of tones and I like the colors.

There is a sense of composition, but it is weakened by the branches on the far left.