Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on November 05, 2013, 07:43:31 am

Title: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: stamper on November 05, 2013, 07:43:31 am
Looking across Loch Lomond. Usually a haze is present when viewing this scene but a strong north wind meant good shooting conditions. A polarizer filter helped. Not a filter I use much.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Harald L on November 05, 2013, 07:51:22 am
Nice shot. I like it.

Harald
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 05, 2013, 07:58:16 am
Yes - very nice and beautiful northern light - I like it !
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: francois on November 05, 2013, 09:35:01 am
It's a beautiful spot and a  beautiful photo. I like the deep blue tonalities of the sea and the hills not too far away from the shores.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Wim van Velzen on November 05, 2013, 01:31:36 pm
Very nice - a better time of the year than Summer indeed! Most times Loch Lomond misses the transparency of light one can find at the West Coast and Hebrides.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Ed Blagden on November 06, 2013, 07:58:16 am
Lovely shot - the small houses and the orange buoys in the foreground make a good contrast to the wild backdrop.  Brought back memories of when I walked the West Highland Way in 1994.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: stamper on November 06, 2013, 09:40:37 am
Thanks for the feedback. The image was shot about 1/2 mile from the West Highland Way in Balmaha.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: RSL on November 06, 2013, 03:14:27 pm
Very pretty, Stamper. Nice.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: William Walker on November 07, 2013, 01:29:45 pm
Stamper

The best you have posted in my opinion - the light is wonderful!

You have some good pictures on your website(?) Flickr(?) (can't remember - it was some time ago!) and I could not understand why you never posted some of them.

I hope all this praise does not make you less grumpy... ;D

William
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: stamper on November 08, 2013, 03:57:49 am
Thanks William. Getting older means I am getting more grumpy. I don't like to overload Lula with my images . "Good images" are subjective and posting here means that they get more "scrutiny" by more experienced photographers hence the reluctance sometimes unless one is "sure" in their own minds that something is "good". It was a very good day weather wise when I took the image and I have a series of images that were "good" in my mind. Picture postcard stuff. :)
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Seoonmie on November 09, 2013, 09:06:39 am
A very simple and effective landscape where the mountains are brought to life in a beautiful way.
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: stamper on November 09, 2013, 09:31:52 am
Thanks to everybody for their comments. :)
Title: Re: Autumn in Scotland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 09, 2013, 09:46:03 am
It may be a "picture postcard" image, but it's a very nice one, well executed, Stamper!
And that's my definitive opinion.  ;)