Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on November 04, 2013, 12:49:24 pm

Title: Fall 2
Post by: armand on November 04, 2013, 12:49:24 pm
From my window, trying to get the fall mood
Title: Re: Fall 2
Post by: Tonysx on November 06, 2013, 07:11:09 pm
For the 3rd image, was it raining or a double exposure? The other 2 together with your first post of fall colours, don't forget there are probably a couple of million images of fall colours already on the web for this year, let alone the past 20 years. Yours are very nice but would you enter them in a "fall colour" competition?
Title: Re: Fall 2
Post by: armand on November 06, 2013, 08:09:19 pm
They are all shot through the window while raining outside, so what you are seeing is rain on the glass.

Quote
The other 2 together with your first post of fall colours, don't forget there are probably a couple of million images of fall colours already on the web for this year, let alone the past 20 years. Yours are very nice but would you enter them in a "fall colour" competition?
Probably not if they want my best shots ever, maybe if it's about the best shots this month, but user critique isn't a contest, or is it? I wanted to get the mood across and I want to see how close I was to what I wanted.
Title: Re: Fall 2
Post by: David Eckels on November 07, 2013, 08:38:17 am
Armand, I think #3 works best for me. I found the blurriness in the first two confusing, like what was going on--moving vehicle, wind, rain on window (which I knew from your previous posting). The third one gives me the comfort of more context and I like the strong lines of the trunk and branches.