Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: pepahajek on November 04, 2013, 11:13:39 am

Title: Time lapse intervalometer with FTP upload capability.
Post by: pepahajek on November 04, 2013, 11:13:39 am
Hi all,

does anybody use any time lapse intervalometer with 3G connection capability? I am looking for solution for my solar powered sites. I would like to have pictures accessible immediately and do not wait till next visit of a site. So I need something that is able to upload pictures to my FTP server.

I found www.photocamcon.com it seems to be on the market soon. I have asked about the price - price is not known yet but should be around 500 USD. That would be acceptable for me.

I know similar devices with the requested capabilities - webcampak.com and photosentinel.com but the price is totally out...

What kind of solution do you use for your time-lapse projects?

Kind regards,

Josef
Title: Re: Time lapse intervalometer with FTP upload capability.
Post by: Dave33 on January 30, 2015, 03:01:53 pm
Few weeks ago I bought bixicon pro unit made by bixion. Look at this http://www.bixion.com (http://www.bixion.com). The bixicon unit has 3G connection, remote access, picture upload and so on...
Title: Re: Time lapse intervalometer with FTP upload capability.
Post by: dwswager on January 30, 2015, 03:28:48 pm
Hi all,

does anybody use any time lapse intervalometer with 3G connection capability? I am looking for solution for my solar powered sites. I would like to have pictures accessible immediately and do not wait till next visit of a site. So I need something that is able to upload pictures to my FTP server.

I found www.photocamcon.com it seems to be on the market soon. I have asked about the price - price is not known yet but should be around 500 USD. That would be acceptable for me.

I know similar devices with the requested capabilities - webcampak.com and photosentinel.com but the price is totally out...

What kind of solution do you use for your time-lapse projects?

Kind regards,

Josef

While not specifically designed for Time-Lapse, Helicon remote can do time lapse.  It will transfer the images to cell phone, android tablet or windows laptop.  It could be set to write the files to a Google Drive, MS OneDrive or other similar 'cloud' backed folder where the images would automatically be transferred to the online drive.  Or you could write a small app to have images written to a particular folder emailed to a specific account.  Or if you can access the device remotely, upload can be handled at the base location.