Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 02, 2013, 11:29:53 am

Title: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 02, 2013, 11:29:53 am
This one is from a stroll not too far from Robs home - more will follow ...
Title: Re: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Rob C on November 02, 2013, 02:01:54 pm
This one is from a stroll not too far from Robs home - more will follow ...



Boquer Valley!

I remember the day; it was when I realised that I could indeed walk along rough tracks up in the hills once again without heart problems! Thanks for that.

I even went back alone a couple of times with the D700 instead of the cellphone. You'll probably recognize several of the shots from there in the website.

That beach down at Son Serra de Marina has been ruined; they have closed the dunes across the torrente for - I think, conservation purposes, but having read that a company is currently fighting to build a developmnet there of a zillion homes, you never can tell what the truth behind the closure is. There is a battle going on to prevent the development, which is the second such attempt in the 32 years I've known the area. In the case of the last one, they pulled down a row of illegally built buildings... hope nothing gets that far this time, but big money talks, and when there is almost no building work left, the temptation to screw the environment and create jobs is hard to buck, conservation zone or not!

My daughter and I went for lunch there a week or two ago; the far end of the beach going in the direction away from Ca'n Picafort towards the headland of Cabo Ferrutx is now almost full of naked people. Fake tits look crazy on old people lying down; on younger ones your own wishful thinking may override experience.

Look forward to your visit.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 02, 2013, 04:27:31 pm
:)
Title: Re: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 02, 2013, 05:13:55 pm
Well - that day wasn't so overly sunny - I hadn't Rob with me ..
Title: Re: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 02, 2013, 06:57:42 pm
Palma de Mallorca - literally -...
Mamiya 7 II, TMax 400
Title: Re: Once upon a time on a sunny day on Mallorca ...
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 03, 2013, 09:37:20 am
This one's a bit more on the extreme side of editing .....