Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John V. on November 01, 2013, 12:16:14 pm

Title: Gatorfoam presentation ideas
Post by: John V. on November 01, 2013, 12:16:14 pm
What options exist out there to hide the exposed foam edge of a Gatorfoam sheet? I've seen some sort of adhesive strips but cannot remember the name.

John V.
Title: Re: Gatorfoam presentation ideas
Post by: framah on November 01, 2013, 12:27:50 pm
Duct tape. Comes in many pretty colors and patterns including camouflage.   ;D

You could paint it.

You could even ...frame it!!

I have a personal bias towards that last one.
Title: Re: Gatorfoam presentation ideas
Post by: John V. on November 01, 2013, 12:39:04 pm
Funny. It's an "economy" offering, wise guy. Serious though, they have some large 1/2" gatarfoam mounted prints in a local restaurant that have a simple, clean looking black strip of something, just to hide the foam edge. I've seen them online but can remember the name.
Title: Re: Gatorfoam presentation ideas
Post by: Gary Damaskos on November 02, 2013, 10:01:17 am
There are "gatorfoam" mounts from CODAmount.com - that have finished edges. Standouts and mural mounts (3/4 and 1.5" thick respectively). Very nice and I prefer 100% over canvas any variation.