Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KMRennie on October 31, 2013, 11:26:28 am

Title: More Autumn trees
Post by: KMRennie on October 31, 2013, 11:26:28 am
Shot in Perthshire Scotland this week. Fuji XE-1 Fuji XF 18-55 @18mm f7.1 1/160s. All comments welcome Ken
Title: Re: More Autumn trees
Post by: dhancock on October 31, 2013, 12:37:08 pm
The technical aspects seem good. However, to be frank, the composition doesn't catch the eye, and is quite boring. While I don't know the location, maybe getting down closer to the creek would help, as well as working the composition on that level.
Title: Re: More Autumn trees
Post by: KMRennie on October 31, 2013, 12:45:07 pm
Oops I agree with you, it is a little boring. This is the image I meant to post.
Title: Re: More Autumn trees
Post by: stamper on November 01, 2013, 05:53:20 am
The technical aspects seem good. However, to be frank, the composition doesn't catch the eye, and is quite boring. While I don't know the location, maybe getting down closer to the creek would help, as well as working the composition on that level.

I think this is the Pass of Killiecrankie? If so it sure isn't a creek but a gorge which is hard to access.

http://www.visitscotland.com/info/towns-villages/pass-of-killiecrankie-p253951

The railway line to Inverness runs along side it - the nearest I have got to it - and is spectacular but hard to photograph. Don't be too hard on him.
Title: Re: More Autumn trees
Post by: KMRennie on November 01, 2013, 02:36:27 pm
It is the pass of Killiecrankie, well spotted, and as you say is not a creek but the River Garry which although not large in the grand scheme of things on the day of the visit was deep and fast flowing and to get down to the river would need abseiling equipment and a head for heights that I do not possess. Ken