Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: ehackett on October 25, 2013, 04:51:59 pm

Title: Simplicity and conversation
Post by: ehackett on October 25, 2013, 04:51:59 pm
Mark's recent comment resonated with this 60-something's needs and values. I wanted to tell him so and perhaps start a discussion with others, but I cannot find a place on the site to discuss essays (except for the forums?) and I could not easily find a way to write him.  So, two requests:  can you point me toward a place where essays are discussed?  Does anyone else wish to have simpler designs (in photo equipment, cars, computers.  I am writing on an iPad and, say what we will about profit margins and marketing, Apple's (SJ's, often) design sensibilities are remarkable.

Best wishes,

Ed
Title: Re: Simplicity and conversation
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on October 25, 2013, 05:06:56 pm
Essays are discussed in the "About this site" subforum:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0

and Marks essay is discussed here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=83326.0
Warning: The so-called discussion is already quite convoluted and far from simple ...

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Simplicity and conversation
Post by: ehackett on October 25, 2013, 05:35:08 pm
Thanks, Christoph!  I should have checked that forum...and I see what you mean about the discussion there!

Best wishes,

Ed