Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: aaronchan on October 25, 2013, 04:28:15 am
-
I'm want to do some math here to see how much to setup a factory with UV curing printer in USA
I got some price online of the machine which is from Océ
But I couldn't find the price of the ink.
Does anyone know about it, specially Scott Martin since I know he works with this type of printers a lot recently.
Thanks
Aaron
-
Call some resellers and get some quotes. http://www.inxdigital.com/alternative.aspx?capitle=ink&family=494
-
Thanks Martin,
Will do that soon.
Is there anything I should concern with a UV printer?
Thanks
Aaron
-
Is there anything I should concern with a UV printer?
Speed, reliability, inkset, resolution, print quality and cost (short term and long term). As with almost everything higher initial costs lead to lower longterm operating costs. If you care about print quality 1000+dpi with an 7+ color inkset that includes at least one light black ink is worth going for.
I personally don't see or have experience with the OCE Arizona printers that you mention. Not sure why my clients don't have those.