Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on October 24, 2013, 06:48:57 pm

Title: Caution
Post by: seamus finn on October 24, 2013, 06:48:57 pm

Be careful in there...

Title: Re: Caution
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 24, 2013, 07:17:37 pm
If it were mine, I would concentrate on the visual pun:

Title: Re: Caution
Post by: WalterEG on October 24, 2013, 10:38:07 pm
Hahahaha,

The ever-present threat of a hissy fit from a mincing barista (possibly at Taylor Square?).

Love it.  Wit and humor are far too often absent from street reportage.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Caution
Post by: seamus finn on October 25, 2013, 06:10:14 am
Good crop,  Slobodan.
Title: Re: Caution
Post by: RSL on October 25, 2013, 07:30:20 am
Welcome back, Seamus. I like Slobodan's crop, but I also like the color. I think this is one of those fairly rare situations where color boosts a street shot.
Title: Re: Caution
Post by: seamus finn on October 25, 2013, 12:22:19 pm
Me too, but I always need somebody else to make the decision. Nobody ever said it's easy!
Title: Re: Caution
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 25, 2013, 02:34:37 pm
I think Slobodan's crop would work nicely in color, too.
Title: Re: Caution
Post by: Ed Blagden on October 26, 2013, 01:35:56 am
Works best for me in colour, and with the original crop.  This is one of those images which at first sight may seem too busy but I have spent ages looking at it, reading the menu, studying the espresso machine etc.  And all the while there is the central joke to go back to.  I wish the nearby table top and OF silver urn weren't there but what can you do.  Excellent job with the processing.

Love it.