Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tektrader on October 23, 2013, 05:52:35 pm

Title: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
Post by: tektrader on October 23, 2013, 05:52:35 pm
I finally managed to get a large format printer for a reasonable price, A HP Z3100.

So now I am looking for a Paper similar to Crystal Archive that I can use with it. Any options please People?
Title: Re: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
Post by: hugowolf on October 23, 2013, 08:16:09 pm
I finally managed to get a large format printer for a reasonable price, A HP Z3100.

So now I am looking for a Paper similar to Crystal Archive that I can use with it. Any options please People?

For all of its fancy name, it is a fairly standard RC paper. Any decent, mid weight lustre RC paper should work just fine. I am sure that HP have something similar, but I use Epson Premium Lustre 260 gsm. If you are in the US, Red River has a selection of inexpensive mid weight papers.

Brian A
Title: Re: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
Post by: tektrader on October 23, 2013, 10:25:16 pm
Are there pearl versions of any of these Brian ? ( thanks for the reply BTW )
Title: Re: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
Post by: hugowolf on October 23, 2013, 10:48:35 pm
Are there pearl versions of any of these Brian ? ( thanks for the reply BTW )

The problem with the selection of these types of papers, one manufacture's pearl could be more like another's lustre. It is the whole semi-matte, semi-gloss, lustre, pearl, satin, silk thing.

The only way to be sure is to buy sample packs: Canson, Hahnemühle (gloss pack), and Ilford, would be good starting places.

Brian A