Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: MartinSpence on October 18, 2013, 05:19:45 pm

Title: First Time Lapse
Post by: MartinSpence on October 18, 2013, 05:19:45 pm
Hi guys

I tried my first time lapse recently using the X-E1.

http://www.martinspencephotography.co.uk/timelapse-at-rihanna-tree/

Plesae have a look and share any ways on improving.

Thanks
M

** Apologies I think I originally posted in wrong subject group
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: PhotoEcosse on October 19, 2013, 04:25:52 am
Just my tuppence-worth, Martin.

I think you have to ask what time-lapse adds to that particular scene. All I could see were smoothly moving clouds and a jerkily moving tree.

Time lapse photography tends to be best when there are meaningful changes in the subject over a period of time - whether this be a flower opening over a few hours or a tree changing over a few months or stars tracking around the sky.

Some time lapse experiments are suited to "movie" sequences as you have done here; others to providing "stacked" composites.

Keep experimenting. Great fun.
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: MartinSpence on October 19, 2013, 03:18:52 pm
Thanks PhotoEcosse

I hadn't thought of it like that, I'll keep that in mind for the next one.

Cheers
M
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: BobDavid on October 20, 2013, 12:59:28 am
I like the clip. It is moody and the tonality is nice. Well done, especially for a first-time effort!
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: PhotoEcosse on October 20, 2013, 03:51:48 pm
The last 10 minutes of the BBC "Great British Year" programme this evening was about time-lapse photography. Some excellent examples. I expect it will be available on iPlayer.
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: kaelaria on October 20, 2013, 09:59:58 pm
I dig it, love the tones
Title: Re: First Time Lapse
Post by: MartinSpence on October 22, 2013, 12:29:55 pm
Thanks guys

I'll certainly check Bbc iplayer as its something I found fun with the x-e1.

Cheers
M