Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on October 10, 2013, 07:28:08 pm

Title: Low light at low tide
Post by: churly on October 10, 2013, 07:28:08 pm
Critique welcome.
Thanks for having a look.
Chuck

Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 10, 2013, 10:18:45 pm
Nice one.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: wolfnowl on October 11, 2013, 02:05:02 am
Love the gravel in the middle.  Thought it was bubbles at first, but it didn't make sense.  Definitely caused a closer look.

Mike.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 11, 2013, 04:21:20 am
This type of photo is very difficult to achieve, at least for me :) It is not easy to combine all the elements in a pleasing composition, and with the flow of the water and reflections on the rocks.

In this case, I like the result; I think the gravel, and the way it is rendered, provides that extra bit of interest. Very nice.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: francois on October 11, 2013, 05:46:49 am
I'm also attracted by the gravel. There's a metallic look that I like very much. I would call it a liquid metal look…
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: stamper on October 11, 2013, 06:59:36 am
Definite thumbs up. An abstract like quality. Well seen and done.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 11, 2013, 08:14:10 am
Well-seen, the surrounding rocks circling the gravel bar and the contrasting texture of the water.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: churly on October 12, 2013, 07:06:32 am
Thanks everyone for the comments.  It was the pod of gravel that attracted me as well.
Chuck
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: framah on October 12, 2013, 10:16:31 am
Love it, but what do you think about chopping off some of the top of the image?
Getting rid of the flat expanse and cropping into the rocks more might give it a better feel.

For me,  something about that flat area is distracting.

Just a thought.
Title: Re: Low light at low tide
Post by: churly on October 12, 2013, 05:36:27 pm
framah - I can't really see a crop but I do understand that the brightness of the top bit pulls on the eye.  So how about a bit of dodging to tone down the brightness of the upper flat panel?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Chuck