Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on October 09, 2013, 01:23:05 pm

Title: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 09, 2013, 01:23:05 pm
Near Vík í Mýrdal, south coast of Iceland.

Sunrise at Reynisfjara (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2013/10/09/sunrise-at-reynisfjara/)

(http://www.parrikar.org/images/LL/Sunrise-Reynisfjara-Iceland.jpg)

Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 09, 2013, 10:13:30 pm
This makes my feet cold.  :D
Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 10, 2013, 03:56:41 am
I like this one a lot. The cliff, the smaller rocks jutting out from the sea, the mix of cold and warmth, simply wonderful.
Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: francois on October 10, 2013, 05:58:21 am
Cold, yes but the warm light on the horizon will soon provide some welcome heat!

Well done!
Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: batmura on October 10, 2013, 09:48:15 am
Great shot! What was your exposure and aperture if I may ask?
Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: churly on October 10, 2013, 06:00:43 pm
Lovely light.  This is one of those shot that shows better at the larger size in your blog.  I would really like to see it full screen.
Title: Re: Sunrise at Reynisfjara
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 11, 2013, 10:12:06 am
Thank you, all.

Scott - re. cold feet, yes, I took it when a wave washed in, with my feet and the tripod submerged 1 feet or so.

batmura - I don't remember the exposure numbers (it is there in the EXIF data). The photo was taken with a 4-stop Singh-Ray ND filter.