Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on October 08, 2013, 06:25:54 pm

Title: Red Car
Post by: RSL on October 08, 2013, 06:25:54 pm
.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: AFairley on October 08, 2013, 09:11:50 pm
I like it, there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 08, 2013, 09:26:35 pm
I like it, there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.

Eggleston-like?
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 09, 2013, 12:11:23 am
As a fan of black-and-white I have to admit that this just wouldn't work as well without the color, especially the "conversation" between the car and the bush.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: Ed Blagden on October 09, 2013, 02:58:25 am
Russ, I don't quite "get" this one.  What's it about? 
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: RSL on October 09, 2013, 07:39:10 am
Hi Ed, It's about a red car.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: Ed Blagden on October 09, 2013, 09:19:16 am
Splat!

Walked right into that one.   :-[
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: RSL on October 09, 2013, 10:49:16 am
Yep.

Actually, I'm in the same boat as Alan. There's something there I can't quite put my finger on, and that's why I shot it. I'd call it street photography except it's about a red car.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: AFairley on October 09, 2013, 12:51:18 pm
Eggleston-like?

No, it has more rigor than Eggleston.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: graeme on October 10, 2013, 04:09:50 am
Yep.

Actually, I'm in the same boat as Alan. There's something there I can't quite put my finger on, and that's why I shot it. I'd call it street photography except it's about a red car.


It's the row of flying ducks under the roof, Russ...
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on October 10, 2013, 06:17:16 am
It's perfectly balanced, like a Modrian.

Regards,
Dale
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: RSL on October 10, 2013, 10:26:22 am
Thanks, gang. I lucked out. But it's the result of what I've pontificated about here and elsewhere: for good photographs, don't think, just react.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: fike on October 10, 2013, 10:32:57 am
My honest $0.02 is that there isn't much pulling me in here. Perhaps there is a story about a red car, but it isn't really interesting to me.
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: RSL on October 10, 2013, 12:06:00 pm
Hi Marc, As we used to say in Vietnam: "Sorry about that."
Title: Re: Red Car
Post by: fike on October 10, 2013, 12:42:50 pm
Hi Marc, As we used to say in Vietnam: "Sorry about that."

No worries on my account.  This is a critique forum, and I thought there was a bit of group think going on, so I thought I would chime in.