Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on October 06, 2013, 05:22:15 pm

Title: A Rock
Post by: RSL on October 06, 2013, 05:22:15 pm
Ansel has demonstrated that rocks can be beautiful in grayscale, but rocks also can be beautiful in color.
Title: Re: A Rock
Post by: David Eckels on October 07, 2013, 10:19:24 am
I quite unashamedly like rock, in color or B&W, doesn't matter. Not quite but this has almost an Antelope Canyonesque sort of feel. Looks like you have some nice places to walk, Russ.
Title: Re: A Rock
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 07, 2013, 11:08:40 am
If Ansel had as much control of color as he did of B&W, he would have shot color too, I expect. Edward Weston did a few color photos, but they look forced and primitive compared to his B&W prints.

Lovely image, Russ. It expresses well the simple pleasure of experiencing a fine piece of nature.
Title: Re: A Rock
Post by: RSL on October 07, 2013, 11:22:17 am
Thanks all. As I told Mike, I can't resist Garden of the Gods. One reason is that it's full of colors that grab you and shake you. Another is that I live right next to it. If I climb up to the top of my steep back lot and then follow the ridge to the west, after a few hundred yards I'm actually in the park.