Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on October 05, 2013, 08:18:10 pm

Title: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 05, 2013, 08:18:10 pm
Kelby Walk today but it rained and rained and rained. Have two I managed when the rain stopped, about 5 mins before deadline. They will come later.

Comments?

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3774/10108294434_6e10f6207a_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: Tony Jay on October 06, 2013, 05:05:47 am
Nice shot, well recognized.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: luxborealis on October 07, 2013, 09:29:36 pm
What is it with rain today - I'm up in Ontario and i poured rain here, too.

A very effective shot, Chris. Nicely done!
Title: Re: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: wolfnowl on October 07, 2013, 09:54:13 pm
Definitely a watercolour!  Sorry, couldn't resist...

Mike.
Title: Re: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 08, 2013, 03:41:21 am
I like it, well done. For me, I would increase the saturation a tad, especially the red, to make the shot a little more alive, in contrast with the drab rainy day.
Title: Re: Shrimp Boat Restaurant
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 08, 2013, 08:21:05 am
Good visioning, Paulo. I've already increased by 50%, but perhaps more is needed. It was tricky because the shrimp part of the sign over saturated as did the umbrella at the far left and I had to desaturated immediately after. But, not a huge deal. I'll have a look in PS first as the compression often does weird color shifts.