Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Vladimirovich on October 03, 2013, 06:19:20 pm

Title: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: Vladimirovich on October 03, 2013, 06:19:20 pm
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/adobe-says-customer-info-source-code-hacked-8C11332195

which brings the question - why he is still not "ex-" ?
Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: Michael West on October 03, 2013, 11:05:36 pm
I just heard this news on the radio.

Millions of customers credit at risk

WONDERFUL

bring back Ap;plications on DISKS.

Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: Kirk Gittings on October 03, 2013, 11:38:19 pm
I'm sure if you bought Adobe programs via disks or downloads from their site that your credit info from those transactions are in jeopardy too. I have not bought into the cloud but every program and upgrade of LR and PS I have ever purchased was from their online store so.......
Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: BernardLanguillier on October 04, 2013, 05:43:21 am
I'm sure if you bought Adobe programs via disks or downloads from their site that your credit info from those transactions are in jeopardy too. I have not bought into the cloud but every program and upgrade of LR and PS I have ever purchased was from their online store so.......

Indeed. Claiming that this is a cloud issue is unfair.

But it remains a major mishap on Adobe's part.

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: hjulenissen on October 04, 2013, 06:06:36 am
I am talking only about the possible loss of credit card information.

It seems that:
1) People are willing (or feel forced) to give private data to big companies
2) Computer security is difficult and expensive
3) Big (and small) companies think that expenditure on security should be limited
4) Those companies are proven right, as customers do not flee when big security breaches are headlined in media

-h
Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: Vladimirovich on October 04, 2013, 09:33:23 am
I'm sure if you bought Adobe programs via disks or downloads from their site that your credit info from those transactions are in jeopardy too.
you are aware that credit cards (some of them) provide services like CC numbers generated just for one time use ? so one time transaction poses lesser danger... regular automatic billing on the other hand.
Title: Re: still not ex-CSO of Adobe says...
Post by: Vladimirovich on October 04, 2013, 09:35:45 am
Indeed. Claiming that this is a cloud issue is unfair.
today they steal your CC, tomorrow they will steal your original images stored in "cloud".