Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on October 01, 2013, 04:07:02 pm

Title: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 01, 2013, 04:07:02 pm
Decided to use my 150mm lens for a few hours -- people shooting in Paris ....   I had to work with my waist level finder.    Not too candid with a big tripod and staring at someone for a lengthy time  ;D    With a waist level > you can look in a different direction -- but the lens is focused on the subject :: as you look off in a totally different view .   Usually at F11 or more --with 100ASA  ~ can still be a slow exposure in shady spots.
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: Harald L on October 01, 2013, 05:04:02 pm
This is simply superb! Congrats on that shot!

Harald
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 01, 2013, 05:42:39 pm
thanks for viewing ~!
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: WalterEG on October 01, 2013, 07:32:36 pm
With a waist level > you can look in a different direction


Ain't that the troof!  And, of course, what I find with my LF gear is that it is so obvious yet the people never think it is about them — not that I am one for invading people's privacy all that often.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 01, 2013, 09:48:44 pm
The great thing about the Rollei SL 120 camera --had  a rotating prism and you could fine focus with a knob -- not the lens ... and it was very "boxy"... SO > you could point the camera at the subject --YET stare off in a exact opposite direction --continue to focus with the prism turned around and just have the cable ready to fire >>
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: WalterEG on October 02, 2013, 12:47:03 am
I remember it well ... and loved it.

I also fondly remember some of the contortions I got into with that rotating prism.  While working in a TV station I was asked to illustrate a story on three ladies playing violin in the resident orchestra.  I shot wide open with the 120 S-Planar with quite a lot of tilt applied.  I was able to shoot a section of the orchestra with just the three culprits sharp and looking in through the rotated prism while the camera was held rotated 90º.

It seems that there was a time when cameras were made to provide potential for those who cared.

Cheers,

W
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 02, 2013, 03:40:34 am
Just an amazing camera -- went to the factory in Germany   -- Wetzlar for my Leica -- and Schaffhausen for my Sinar   

 It was great for copy work -- reverse that 120 S Planar -- and it was a superb final image ~! 

Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 03, 2013, 01:34:35 am
Worked a little more ---
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: cjogo on October 03, 2013, 01:35:48 am
She was engrossed in her letter ...
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: Christian Carlsen on October 06, 2013, 10:44:42 pm
Really lovely :) a great catch indeed!
Title: Re: Walkin' the Parcs
Post by: David Eckels on October 07, 2013, 10:08:39 am
Re the first image: I don't think she's buying it; you didn't fake her out at all :D Lovely, both her and the shot.