Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on October 01, 2013, 04:04:10 am

Title: Berlin Main Station
Post by: Harald L on October 01, 2013, 04:04:10 am
You will be assimilated.
Title: Re: Berlin Main Station
Post by: David Eckels on October 01, 2013, 09:34:43 am
Very interesting Harald. Night shooting has always been something I struggle with. Settings?
Title: Re: Berlin Main Station
Post by: Harald L on October 01, 2013, 11:53:04 am
Very interesting Harald. Night shooting has always been something I struggle with. Settings?

This is a handheld snapshot (Fuji X-Pro1, ISO 6400, 35 mm f:2,8, Aperture-Prio, 1/50). I've tweaked the brightness by Capture One and applied a user-defined bi-color-filter in PS.

Harald
Title: Re: Berlin Main Station
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 01, 2013, 01:58:05 pm
Good catch. And it does seem to suggest that "resistance is futile."
Title: Re: Berlin Main Station
Post by: David Eckels on October 01, 2013, 02:01:19 pm
This is a handheld snapshot (Fuji X-Pro1, ISO 6400, 35 mm f:2,8, Aperture-Prio, 1/50). I've tweaked the brightness by Capture One and applied a user-defined bi-color-filter in PS.

Harald
That explains it, I could see some crunchiness probably due to the high ISO! I didn't want to accuse you of too much HDRishness ;) Like Eric said, good catch.
Title: Re: Berlin Main Station
Post by: Bryan Conner on October 02, 2013, 01:24:01 am
Nice image.  My wife and I visited Berlin at the end of August.  The new train station is an amazing building.  Well done.