Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on October 01, 2013, 03:59:58 am

Title: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 01, 2013, 03:59:58 am
Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed the piece very much. It is always illuminating to learn from others, and of course the photos are first rate.
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Ben Rubinstein on October 01, 2013, 07:28:49 am
+1 on that! The first picture is the most evocative pinhole image I have ever seen.
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: nutcracker on October 01, 2013, 08:36:29 am
Agree with above posts. I have met Steve Gosling a few times, he is very stimulating, and great fun to be with on a photographic outing. And, when he and Kevin Raber are in the one place, there is no pause in the photographic fun.
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 01, 2013, 10:34:40 am
It's very refreshing to see a piece that discusses what's really important in an image --- and it ain't the megapixels or the HDR or how many PS layers were used!
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: mvsoske on October 01, 2013, 02:03:15 pm
This is a "keeper" essay that easily pulls one back for the occasional creative reset.  Thanks for the post!

Mark
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 01, 2013, 02:35:32 pm
I enjoyed the essay and the accompanying photos. I was awfully glad that the short biography at the end informed me that "his signature style is moody & atmospheric black & white photographs": I'd never have guessed  ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: SunnyUK on October 02, 2013, 06:45:41 am
Lovely essay with some great pictures. Thank you.
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Steve A Gosling on October 02, 2013, 03:48:44 pm
Many thanks to everyone for your kind & positive comments. i appreciate you taking the time to read the piece in the first place and then taking the time to comment.
Title: Re: From the heart - Gosling's piece
Post by: Steve A Gosling on October 02, 2013, 03:54:05 pm
Thanks Nutcracker. Kevin and I are due to meet up in the US next week so watch out Chicago!!