Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rgs on September 28, 2013, 08:46:54 pm

Title: LR slideshow plug-in
Post by: rgs on September 28, 2013, 08:46:54 pm
I'm looking for a plug-in that can expand LR's slideshow capabilities. I'd like to be able to create a finished slideshow within LR that customers can run independently of LR. Maybe even on a TV. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Title: Re: LR slideshow plug-in
Post by: kaelaria on September 28, 2013, 09:05:49 pm
I'm not sure what you mean.  The slideshows it produces are just video files, they are not in any way dependent on any particular program.  Also, playing on a TV (dvd/bluray) is a completely different output file. 
Title: Re: LR slideshow plug-in
Post by: rgs on September 28, 2013, 09:19:25 pm
I would like more design options than the LR basic slideshow has. I remember when the LR slideshow could not be exported. It only ran inside LR. Unless I was wrong or my memory is faulty. Which is all possible. :D

Title: Re: LR slideshow plug-in
Post by: kaelaria on September 28, 2013, 09:28:44 pm
Yep - faulty :)  We all want a better module, but it's just a simple almost useless thing...use a dedicated slideshow program for anything more.
Title: Re: LR slideshow plug-in
Post by: PhotoEcosse on September 29, 2013, 09:36:09 am
I have never been tempted to use the Slideshow module of Lightroom.

Personally I use ProShow Gold for slide shows (other software is available) and it is a very simple matter to create a Lightroom collection for the images desired for a particular slideshow and export them for use in PSG.

I just find it particularly easy to add the music and speech commentary when using PSG.