Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 12:46:18 am

Title: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 12:46:18 am
PRAHA -Goethe
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 03:22:36 am
Haven't been back for sometime --especially after the flooding a few years back --- hope this place survived ~!
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: francois on September 25, 2013, 06:36:23 am
I love this type of door and the two round windows. My imagination lets me see different things here. The light is also very good. It would be a shame if the floods damaged this building. The Google maps images are from 2009 only.
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 12:07:46 pm
I shoot a lot of architecture in my photo adventures ....some wonderful masterpieces still left .. 
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 12:12:48 pm
After the sun sets --- I usually worked until 2 AM  -- mainly because the exposures were so long  ;D
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: Bruce Cox on September 25, 2013, 05:03:16 pm
I think your img574 is superb.  The light blue cast on the bottom edge, mainly on the right, may be helping in some way I don't understand, though I also think it could be removed before nine PM when I plan to go to sleep.
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 08:43:39 pm
I think your img574 is superb.  The light blue cast on the bottom edge, mainly on the right, may be helping in some way I don't understand, though I also think it could be removed before nine PM when I plan to go to sleep.

Looks like a flair on to my film :o -- would take sometime -- could just burn it down - maybe    >>>    that's out in the studio = # 3 PC  -


- this was about 2 minute exposure -- maybe some car lights ???
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: Bruce Cox on September 25, 2013, 10:16:06 pm
Darkening blue while converting to B&W minimized the flare at the bottom before nine PM, though overall your tinted version still has advantages.
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 25, 2013, 11:29:59 pm
You can tweak with it - just vapor lights and full moon about midnight or later -- seems like a lengthy process  ;)
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: brandtb on September 30, 2013, 05:41:53 pm
Joe - like this shot....color/tone/subject. Was there a reason though why the left half of the top edge of the cornice was "clipped off"?? That's a very important aspect of this type of architecture. /B
Title: Re: Strolling along the Vltava
Post by: cjogo on September 30, 2013, 09:28:32 pm
There was signage /advertising .. and I was at the edge of the street -- too dangerous with the tripod in the busy road ..  60mm on a Hassy --