Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: xinchenc on September 25, 2013, 12:15:52 am

Title: SOLD: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: xinchenc on September 25, 2013, 12:15:52 am
SOLD!
Title: Re: FS: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: EricWHiss on September 25, 2013, 01:14:22 am
Just a clarification - I'm pretty certain that the upgrade is only necessary if the user connects an AFD lens via the lens adapter, and has little to do with digital backs.
Title: Re: FS: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: xinchenc on September 25, 2013, 09:00:41 pm
Quote from Onick at Rollei & Hensel Service:

That is the latest firmware we have, Rollei Germany requsted  to up date hardware to prevent damage from some newer Backs damaging the
Microprocessor, witch is no longer available .
 
----------------------

Surely Rollei & Hensel Service does NOT service Rollei anymore.


Just a clarification - I'm pretty certain that the upgrade is only necessary if the user connects an AFD lens via the lens adapter, and has little to do with digital backs.
Title: Re: FS: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: EricWHiss on September 26, 2013, 12:21:41 am
I've uploaded the service advisory on the Lens control  - here it is as an attachment.  It says that the problem might occur when an AFD lens is fitted to the Rollei lens adapter and operated with the LensControl S.    Mostly people use lenses in electronic shutters or the three Rollei lenses with large image circles fitted to the lens adapter - the 90mm APO macro, 120mm Macro, and the 150mm APO macro bellows lens so probably getting an update isn't a real necessity, but good to know about this.  Some units will actually operate fine with the AFD lenses and the bulletin explains how to identify which is which.

Anyhow getting yours updated is not a bad thing at all and good luck with your sale.  

and p.s. as far as I know you can still get some things serviced at Rollei / Hensel but Onick has retired. 
Title: Re: SOLD: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: weezahan on April 04, 2015, 10:00:22 pm
Eric, I just saw your old post regarding the Rollei Lens Control in which you mentioned that there is a service advisory you had. I have a Control S and it is having problems which constantly indicate a communication error. I would like to either find a repair manual or find any information other than the mildly presented information presented in the manual that came with the unit. There seem to be very few users of this equipment, so information is scarce. If you can point me in a direction to acquire this information I would be most grateful. If you also know anyone who is still servicing these please pass that info also. I do not mind trying to fix the unit if I can come up with a schematic.
Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.
Title: Re: SOLD: Rollei Lens Control S with Rollei Power Interface. Upgraded to V5 version
Post by: EricWHiss on April 05, 2015, 01:53:55 am
Hi Weezahan,
Sometimes the communications error can be caused by a faulty shutter as well as the lens control unit so if you only shutter then it could be possible that your problem could lie with either piece.  I'm not sure where is the best place to recommend you for service with the factory in limbo, however they may be able to service these now. Let me find out and get back to you.