Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 04:46:06 pm

Title: A Day's Work Done
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 04:46:06 pm
I do like tractors and corn silos.
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 20, 2013, 05:37:40 pm
I like the idea. Tractor's position, colors, and composition are perfect.

I am less thrilled with strong vignetting, as it cuts into the rightmost silo unnaturally. I hope there is more space to the right, in which case you can use it for vignetting, while leaving the silo relatively untouched. It would also allow for some breathing space (overall composition feels a bit cramped). There is a strong white halo along said silo as well. I would also bring back some color to the sky; not much though.
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: Harald L on September 20, 2013, 05:56:20 pm
Way too HDRish for me. Anyway a nice composition, maybe a great B/W?

Harald
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 05:57:52 pm
Thanks for the suggestions, Slobodan. I don't have any extra room, however. Any suggestions? Halos and vignetting I can fix! I have some other versions, but the composition is off.
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 05:58:31 pm
Way too HDRish for me. Anyway a nice composition, maybe a great B/W?

Harald
How could you tell? ;) I was Raberizing!
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 06:30:46 pm
About the best I can do with this.
Title: Re: A Day's Work Done
Post by: degrub on September 20, 2013, 06:42:03 pm
To me, that sliver of lightness (and the full silo shape) really help the composition a lot. I bet that prints well large.

Frank