Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 11:24:05 am

Title: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 11:24:05 am
CC welcome. Converted to B/W in SEP and faded the fill 20%. I looked at toning, but I think I like this a little better. What say ye?
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 20, 2013, 11:32:44 am
Beauty.  Don't touch a thing.
Reminds me of why winter is one of my favourite times for photographing.
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: francois on September 20, 2013, 12:02:12 pm
Beauty.  Don't touch a thing.
…

Yep, exactly, don't change anything!
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 20, 2013, 01:35:25 pm
Very nice mood.
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: Rob C on September 20, 2013, 02:33:53 pm
Very nice mood.



Indeed, and picture shape, too.

If you look at the thumbnail, it looks such a happy barn - it's almost smiling!

Rob C
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: cjogo on September 20, 2013, 03:01:20 pm
Wonderful  ;) -- But I would had had a second shot  > zoning in on those windows and shadows of the trees on the Barn
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: cjogo on September 20, 2013, 03:03:31 pm
Sorry for the crop ;D
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 20, 2013, 03:39:09 pm
Sorry for the crop ;D

I'm not. The original is good, too.
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 03:46:33 pm
Sorry for the crop ;D
Don't be. I was taken with the semi-circular shape of course, but I like seeing alternative seeing! It teaches me to keep working over a subject rather than snapping and moving on. I took several of this particular barn, focussed on the semi-circle, but did not move in. This was last year. Today, I would have moved in, out, and around more.
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: cjogo on September 20, 2013, 04:08:03 pm
I think your original would had been my first approach ---  then I get close and start focusing.    ;)
Title: Re: Sunset on Ohio Barn
Post by: Tony Jay on September 21, 2013, 07:30:52 pm
David your original capture and treatment gives an image so interesting I almost feel I could write a novel about it!
I think one could see new things in this image every day.
You can be rightly proud of this effort.

Tony Jay