Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Dale Villeponteaux on September 20, 2013, 02:07:15 am

Title: Johnathan Wienke
Post by: Dale Villeponteaux on September 20, 2013, 02:07:15 am
I've been wondering.  Whatever happened to Johnathan Wienke, who once posted here often.  Anyone know?

Dale
Title: Re: Johnathan Wienke
Post by: francois on September 20, 2013, 03:47:38 am
He enrolled in the army, went to Iraq but got some weird neurologic disease. He was discharged from the army.
His Linkedin page (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonwienke) says that he is an analyst at DHS.
Title: Re: Johnathan Wienke
Post by: Rob C on September 20, 2013, 10:13:25 am
I've often wondered about him; he used to have a very clear illustration he'd made of why focussing on a subject and then reframing to alter its position isn't a valid technique, especially if you enjoy wide apertures.

Another chap who used to post here quite often was the master of the short, sharp one-liner: Dark Penguin. I wish he'd return to the fold. Ditto for Token Girl, aka Toke. She had a nice dog, boat and a Rolex. The perfect lady, then. But I think she hung out near Bal Harbour?

Jennifer was also interesting, and she had/has - I trust she's still with us, so to speak -  a certain specialized talent, but she seems to have taken umbrage at something...

You see? One doesn't forget interesting characters that quickly.

Rob C