Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 19, 2013, 08:35:50 pm

Title: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 19, 2013, 08:35:50 pm
We can't let Kevin have all the fun in postprocessing, can we now?

 ;)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: degrub on September 19, 2013, 08:56:21 pm
I really enjoyed getting the Japanese scenic calendars, printed on a film, that they would hand out to clients. that was saturation !

Maybe additional clarity and some side lighting on a face ? I don't know, it is missing some zing.. ;)

Frank
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 20, 2013, 12:26:48 am
It's a good start, for a beginner, Slobodan, but I think you really need to get some punchy colors into those presidents. Neon yellow? Shocking pink?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 02:47:30 am
Pump up the clarity ;)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Cem on September 20, 2013, 02:53:49 am
I love the new adjective! Add some more vibrance btw.  ;D
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: francois on September 20, 2013, 03:48:19 am
Then how about a Lightroom preset or a Photoshop action?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: stamper on September 20, 2013, 04:05:46 am
That is just about acceptable but where is the moon in the shot?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Harald L on September 20, 2013, 04:29:09 am
The green is much too murky. I think it could need a hearty push.

Harald
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Kevin Raber on September 20, 2013, 06:01:43 am
Go guys - GO!

Kevin
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: RSL on September 20, 2013, 07:29:14 am
It's just not HDRish enough, Slobodan. More tone mapping.
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 20, 2013, 07:32:52 am
No lighthouse? No long-exposure swirling sea water?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on September 20, 2013, 09:26:04 am
It helps if you have good light to start with, like it seems you did here. Like Bill, I would like some swirling seawater too.
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Rob C on September 20, 2013, 09:52:35 am
It helps if you have good light to start with, like it seems you did here. Like Bill, I would like some swirling seawater too.


What about the girls? A bear ain't a chick in a fur coat...

Oh! There is one! Right there on the snowline on the left! Sorry! (Don't you just love the digital lessons you learned from analogue Blow-Up?)

Lichfield had a great one of just that on film - a chic in the snow, inside a fur whist waiting for the cameras to be readied - for Unipart, shot in Mos-cow. Okay, Moscow if you're a Brit. She turned out to be a horizontal chic; on a fur but not exactly in it, as it were. But lots of snow. As in water, I mean.

I love girls in furs. Personally, I love classy girls and wouldn't have considered any other kind for a marriage, even though a little artificed trailer trash looks good in photography. You just have to understand the differences between reality and fiction - you might not always truly like or appreciate a long relationship with something that you can create in your camera.

;-(

Rob C
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 11:21:31 am
you might not always truly like or appreciate a long relationship with something that you can create in your camera.
Brilliant!
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 20, 2013, 11:24:40 am
Ah! Forum topic meandering! How quickly we moved from boys in stone to girls in furs ;D
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 20, 2013, 11:31:15 am
Ah! Forum topic meandering! How quickly we moved from boys in stone to girls in furs ;D

Haaaalp!  We're all bozos on this bus!
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: degrub on September 20, 2013, 11:35:48 am
Ah! Forum topic meandering! How quickly we moved from boys in stone to girls in furs ;D

But someone forgot the diamonds !

Frank
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Colorwave on September 20, 2013, 01:36:02 pm
I hate to be a party pooper, but you missed a few spots.  I still see some grays. 

I wouldn't give up too easily, though, Slobodan, I think you show promise, once you get over your inhibitions.
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Rob C on September 20, 2013, 02:29:06 pm
Ah! Forum topic meandering! How quickly we moved from boys in stone to girls in furs ;D


So what have you got against gurls in furs? Safer topic than stone-stiff boys, I'd have imagined.

Rob C
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 20, 2013, 02:36:38 pm

So what have you got against gurls in furs? Safer topic than stone-stiff boys, I'd have imagined.

Stone-stiff boys and girls (even in furs) are never a safe combination ;)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Rob C on September 20, 2013, 02:43:33 pm
Stone-stiff boys and girls (even in furs) are never a safe combination ;)

Only the devil could argue the point, and I think I'm on my way to sainthood.

Rob C
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 20, 2013, 03:08:02 pm
Back to photography (and the other stone-stiff boys). I actually might settle for something like this:

(http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/9841446876_0584af985c_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic/9841446876/)
Mount Rushmore (http://www.flickr.com/photos/slobodan_blagojevic/9841446876/) by Slobodan Blagojevic (http://www.flickr.com/people/slobodan_blagojevic/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: David Eckels on September 20, 2013, 03:36:53 pm
I like how the faces are more prominent and the colors in the sky a little less saturated. I don't think a lot of drama was sacrificed. You know, of course, that previous comments were facetious?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 20, 2013, 03:37:17 pm
We can't let Kevin have all the fun in postprocessing, can we now?

Flip it?
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: degrub on September 20, 2013, 03:40:18 pm
and the diamonds are in the sky, Lucy !

Frank
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: AFairley on September 20, 2013, 04:40:45 pm
You forgot to composite in a soaring bald eagle   :D
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: petermfiore on September 20, 2013, 04:47:05 pm
Don't forget the Unicorn under a rainbow..

Peter
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Harald L on September 20, 2013, 05:58:41 pm
Don't forget the Unicorn under a rainbow..

Peter

No more unicorns, please =8-0

Harald
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 20, 2013, 08:54:56 pm
I think you need better smiles on the faces of the stone gents.
And, of course, vivid facial colors.
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: fike on September 20, 2013, 10:07:08 pm
Flip it?

vertically.
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Michael West on September 21, 2013, 01:06:18 pm
very recently raberized
(http://westworldwide.businesscatalyst.com/raberizedsunset.jpg)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Rob C on September 21, 2013, 02:50:43 pm
I can almost hear Loretta Lynn.

Rob C
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: fike on September 21, 2013, 05:39:36 pm
It is funny the level of disdain people can have for an unpopular aesthetic.  (one that we all celebrated just x years ago)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: degrub on September 21, 2013, 10:13:56 pm
And the Dwarves.......need an Erebor in the distance.... ;)

Frank
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 23, 2013, 10:14:29 am
I didn't think you went far enough in your original posting...if you're going to Raberize, then RABERIZE by all means.  ;D

(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3757/9897313264_f2f85fb2fb_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Raberized Enough?
Post by: Rob C on September 23, 2013, 01:58:54 pm
It is funny the level of disdain people can have for an unpopular aesthetic.  (one that we all celebrated just x years ago)


What are you talking about?

Loretta's timeless! Those goosebumps come up the moment she breathes her first weep! As for the hair on the back of my neck - the least said the better; it's all I can do to keep my own eyes dry and masculine!

http://youtu.be/UTfzy9Of_LA

;-)

Rob C