Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: l_d_allan on September 17, 2013, 10:53:41 am

Title: Some catch? Canon paper: Buy 1, Get 4 free?
Post by: l_d_allan on September 17, 2013, 10:53:41 am
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/free-gift-paper-and-scrapbooking-kit-promo?WT.mc_id=C126149

Seems too good to be true. However, I did order and the shipment just arrived. (orders over $100 have free shipping)

Some catch?
Title: Re: Some catch? Canon paper: Buy 1, Get 4 free?
Post by: l_d_allan on September 28, 2013, 03:30:51 pm
I ended up making several separate orders of just over $100 each (to get free shipping), and all orders have shown up fine. Whew.

FWIW: Note that the Canon Pixma 9000-2 requires a relatively new print-driver (2013-April-09) to provide Media-Types for Luster, Semi-Gloss, and perhaps others.
Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/professional_photo_inkjet_printers/pixma_pro9000_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware)

The need for an updated print-driver may also apply to other prosumer/advanced printers like the 9500-2, Pro-1, Pro-10, Pro-100, etc.  I didn't check on those.