Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: wmchauncey on September 16, 2013, 01:59:23 pm

Title: Disturbed Egret
Post by: wmchauncey on September 16, 2013, 01:59:23 pm
Would like opinions...is it hangable material?

(http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l383/chauncey43/rising-egret-1.jpg) (http://s329.photobucket.com/user/chauncey43/media/rising-egret-1.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Disturbed Egret
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 16, 2013, 02:19:07 pm
Eminently. Even just the top half.
Title: Re: Disturbed Egret
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 16, 2013, 02:50:54 pm
Would like opinions...is it hangable material?

I'd be proud to hang it, if I'd taken it. There's perhaps just a little too much black space on the right, but I'm nitpicking.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Disturbed Egret
Post by: RSL on September 16, 2013, 04:50:40 pm
It's rare for me to disagree with Jeremy, but this time I do. The space needs to be there in the direction the birds are flying.

But I'm curious, Wm. Is this a composite or a triple exposure?
Title: Re: Disturbed Egret
Post by: wmchauncey on September 16, 2013, 05:20:42 pm
It is a photo-merge of one bird on take-off.      ;)
Title: Re: Disturbed Egret
Post by: RSL on September 16, 2013, 05:39:13 pm
Thanks, Wm. That's what I guessed, but I wasn't sure.