Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Harald L on September 11, 2013, 08:30:08 am

Title: Peveril of the peak
Post by: Harald L on September 11, 2013, 08:30:08 am
Strolling thru the City of Manchester
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: RSL on September 11, 2013, 08:50:29 am
Great shot Harald. Bravo!
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: PeterAit on September 11, 2013, 11:49:24 am
Great! Just the sort of thing that would catch my eye.
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: RSL on September 11, 2013, 11:54:00 am
Incidentally, it's just as good in B&W. A different picture to be sure, but equally fascinating.
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: Harald L on September 11, 2013, 05:50:35 pm
This crop shows why I've done in color ;D
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 11, 2013, 07:55:29 pm
The crop loses the flavor of the dual neighborhood look.
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: RSL on September 11, 2013, 09:26:53 pm
+1. And, yes, the color is what catches the eye, but this picture isn't just about el color. In B&W days it still would have been an eye-catcher.
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: Harald L on September 12, 2013, 12:30:48 pm
+1. And, yes, the color is what catches the eye, but this picture isn't just about el color. In B&W days it still would have been an eye-catcher.

I must have missed something because the term el color doesn't speak to me. I've tried to google it but found only some tattoo and piercing studios. I assume that there must be a different explanation. Could you help me, please?

Harald
Title: Re: Peveril of the peak
Post by: RSL on September 12, 2013, 12:58:06 pm
I think it translates from Spanish, Harald, at least Mexican Spanish, as "the color" or just "color." Check Manuel Alverez Bravo's "El Color": http://www.flickr.com/photos/mothwings/474389240/

I think it's a fine shot in B&W as well as in color. A couple days ago I posted a shot that was all about color. It's not much in B&W. Your shot isn't like that.