(http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5342/9712393223_5f27bd3663_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/9712393223/)
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/9712393223/)
You're probably right. If memory serves, those old Pontiac mascots showed the profile of an Indian chief's head with a headdress flowing backwards. On some brands, the mascots were partly transparent and illuminated from within. Plymouth had some kind of triple(?) boats, DeSoto, I think, had one that lit up too... I liked art on cars. And chrome.
I have a persistent memory that either the '51, '52 or '53 Lincoln Capri was the first car I ever saw to have metallic paintwork - it was definitely a cherry red. Maybe the metallic's all in my head. It was in Ooty in Southern India, and in the care of the District Collector.
The things you pick up in LuLa, available nowhere else.
Rob C
It's rather Illuminating comparing the discourse about such images here in contrast to a "general interest" forum.
the perception of the image as image is rarely commented on in many instances.
My father worked as a photographer for the Buick Motor Company for decades and thus I grew up critiquing photogrphic images of automobiles. He once hand painted my birthdate on a license plate in one of his photographs presenting it to me as a gift
(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3749/9722714736_c233bb845b_c.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/9722714736/)
thestraighteight (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/9722714736/) by (http://www.flickr.com/people/41811370@N02/),