Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Kevin Sholder on September 09, 2013, 07:16:53 pm

Title: Frosted Leaves
Post by: Kevin Sholder on September 09, 2013, 07:16:53 pm
Something I found interesting last year, looking forward to fall this year as well.
Title: Re: Frosted Leaves
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 10, 2013, 03:43:32 am
Something I found interesting last year, looking forward to fall this year as well.

The subject leaves are very pretty. I find the out of focus leaves in the background distracting, though, particularly those in the upper right.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Frosted Leaves
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 10, 2013, 10:23:03 am
Nicely captured, Kevin.
Title: Re: Frosted Leaves
Post by: Rob C on September 10, 2013, 10:28:09 am
For me, the shot is beautiful.

The OOF leaves make it have a strong sense of 3D, but unfortunately, the mass of leaf right at the top-leftish is too sharp, and just creates an unhelpfull link between foreground and background, killing off much of the 3D you'd have without it. I'd clone the mother out.

Great catch.

Rob C