Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on September 09, 2013, 05:19:17 am

Title: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: stamper on September 09, 2013, 05:19:17 am
Glasgow in Scotland. One of it's famous streets, Buchanan Street.
Title: Re: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: Rob C on September 09, 2013, 09:05:30 am
I like it; a fresh approach that reminds me of your Clyde bridge railing of some longish time ago.

Used to be a wonderful street, where you could park, go in to chat up a client or two, meet your wife (mine, I mean) and have a leisurely lunch in McDonalds' Salad Bowl (HOF, not the American imported thing). Then along came meters, pedestrianisation and that was the end of it for me.

I can't figure your viewpoint: where was it?

Rob C
Title: Re: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: stamper on September 09, 2013, 09:34:13 am
Rob this was taken from the steps of the Concert Hall that blocks off the top end of Buchanan Street along with a large shopping Mall. Probably built about 10 years, or more, ago. Sauchiehall Street on the left. The statue on the right in the B&W image is Donald Dewar the late Labour leader. As you say all pedestrianised and different from years ago.
Title: Re: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: RSL on September 09, 2013, 11:55:29 am
Hope that tall guy on the right doesn't fall off his perch. Looks as if it's a long way down.
Title: Re: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: Rob C on September 09, 2013, 02:19:27 pm
Rob this was taken from the steps of the Concert Hall that blocks off the top end of Buchanan Street along with a large shopping Mall. Probably built about 10 years, or more, ago. Sauchiehall Street on the left. The statue on the right in the B&W image is Donald Dewar the late Labour leader. As you say all pedestrianised and different from years ago.


Aha! That's why I had no idea of your viewpoint! I've never seen it (Concert Hall) in daylight.

I went to the Concert Hall (I think) one night during a visit many years ago with my bro'n'lo and his wife, and we saw Chuck Berry perform. I was a bit miffed: it was a great night and the warm-up bands were excellent too, but Berry didn't even do a single encore. I thought of all those LPs of his I'd bought, and thought: you miserable S.O.B.

Rob C
Title: Re: Match stick men and match stick ....... ?
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 09, 2013, 06:25:52 pm
Time to clean your lens? ;D