Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 07, 2013, 01:51:28 pm

Title: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 07, 2013, 01:51:28 pm
... and rainy:
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: Harald L on September 07, 2013, 07:11:51 pm
Bon jour, tristesse.
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: AFairley on September 07, 2013, 09:32:36 pm
I'm really enjoying your NYC posts, you are certainly capturing the feel of the city.
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: stamper on September 08, 2013, 05:40:33 am
It looks like you haven't cleaned your lens. ;) :)
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 08, 2013, 01:30:56 pm
It looks like you haven't cleaned your lens. ;) :)

But I did... with Windex... perhaps that explains the blue cast?
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: David Eckels on September 09, 2013, 10:46:32 am
I was thinking, less DOF? Then I checked the EXIF and saw f/2.8 (me sad), but then I saw PowerShot and realized that you did all you could. I don't know if there's post way to bring out the droplets better and fade the background, but then it would be a different photograph. I, too, am enjoying your NYC posts, Slobodan. Very (recent) Maisel-like.
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 09, 2013, 11:34:37 am
Yes, David, I tried.
... to bring out the droplets better and fade the background...

I tried  :'(

Blame it on the rain. Instead of a downpour, which would have created great pattern on the window, it was just a drizzle.

OOC:
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: RSL on September 09, 2013, 11:44:46 am
But it's a good drizzle, Slobodan. The raindrops on the window are enough to get the point across. Very nice.
Title: Re: New York Impressions - Gloomy Morning
Post by: cjogo on September 09, 2013, 02:29:58 pm
Really conveys the CITY ...Haven't been to Apple for many years ..looks frightening  :D