Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: lenelg on September 07, 2013, 02:51:45 am

Title: Interview with Thomas Knoll
Post by: lenelg on September 07, 2013, 02:51:45 am
Thanks for posting a fascinating interview!

At the end of the interview Thomas Knoll talks about the (then forthcoming) subscription bundle of Photoshop + Lightroom aimed at photographers, at an attractive price point "where we can attract a lot of new users.." . Looks like the marketing suits shot themselves in the foot on this..
Title: Re: Interview with Thomas Knoll
Post by: JohnNewman on September 07, 2013, 06:11:56 am
Agreed. I've been a long time user of Elements and avoided all the dodgy copies going around of the full version. At the UK price of £7.14 a month I would have been delighted to upgrade but it's only available to existing full Photoshop users.  PSE 11 supports my cameras, I have Aperture and Capture One Express so I don't need this offer but it's nice to have alternatives.

So Adobe could have had £85 a year from me in perpetuity but, as you say, the marketing guys messed up. And I'm in a camera club with 50+ members, 90% of whom all think the same.  Well done Adobe, another missed opportunity. Multiply it up worldwide and you've lost out on millions.

Title: Re: Interview with Thomas Knoll
Post by: E.J. Peiker on September 07, 2013, 02:33:17 pm
An interesting interview.  I've had the pleasure of spending three weeks on two different occasions in Africa with him and have had the opportunity, during that time, to have a number of conversations with him (I'm a hardware guy, he's a software guy so it was fun ribbing him a  bit abut the poor use of memory in PS  ;D).  It was really good to see that Adobe is hearing the criticisms by photographers about the CC model.  The discussion of all of this starts at the 32 minute mark.