Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Michael Moore on September 04, 2013, 02:12:03 am

Title: An introduction
Post by: Michael Moore on September 04, 2013, 02:12:03 am
Hello,

I joined up a week or so ago and have been busy reading through the various essays and threads.  I'm impressed with many of the photos I've seen posted -- they certainly set a high mark to aim at.

Until recently cameras were something I used only to document my 40+ year motorcycle building/racing hobby.  I used an AE-1 in the 1980s and early 90s, and for the last 12 or so years I've used a Fuji 6900z digicam and was largely happy with it.  Not sending film out to be developed and printed was a very nice change!  Those cameras stayed in program mode and that worked fine for me.

In the last year I've tried to do some bird photos as my wife and I take our walks in Golden Gate Park and the short zoom on the Fuji wasn't doing the job for me.  A friend steered me towards a used Nikon D300 which with a 70-300 has given me much more reach.  I'm now getting used to what fiddling with the various dials and menu options does.  :)

I'm trying my hand at shooting a wider range of photos -- animals/insects/flowers/landscapes.  I've gotten some nice comments on some of them so I started searching for photo information to see what I might be doing right, and what I could do better, and wound up here.

I've got PS-E 11 and the CS3 suite and a good tripod/ballhead should be acquired in a couple of months after the checkbook recovers from buying the camera/lenses and varioius small accessories.

cheers,
Michael

Title: Re: An introduction
Post by: francois on September 04, 2013, 10:14:25 am
Welcome on the forum Michael. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.
Title: Re: An introduction
Post by: Michael Moore on September 04, 2013, 12:08:32 pm
Hello Francois,

I've already received hours of enjoyment and education here, and I expect that to continue. 

cheers,
Michael
Title: Re: An introduction
Post by: wolfnowl on September 04, 2013, 08:13:13 pm
Hi Michael, and welcome to the forums!  Glad to have you here to play with us!

Mike.