Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 02, 2013, 05:02:09 pm

Title: This morning
Post by: armand on September 02, 2013, 05:02:09 pm
This morning on my way back from work I got these among others
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: Harald L on September 02, 2013, 05:07:54 pm
Please show us the others, too ;)

Harald
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: stamper on September 03, 2013, 04:14:06 am
Your image is perfectly fine and likeable. However in the first one it would be possible to crop the top half an inch above the grass and discard the top half and possibly have an even better one. Either way two perfectly fine images. Two for one? :)
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: armand on September 03, 2013, 02:41:08 pm
Please show us the others, too ;)

Harald

If you had to ask ...  :)
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: Tonysx on September 03, 2013, 06:50:31 pm
With an indistinct grey sky, indistinct green trees, and indistinct green field and focus on the yellow with a 100mm lens leaves me less than enthusiastic I'm afraid.
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: Tonysx on September 03, 2013, 07:06:30 pm
Two more grey skies with indistinct trees and green fields. The third has some contrast with the sunlight and I think the fourth could be improved with a bit of PP with your permission?
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: armand on September 03, 2013, 07:09:31 pm
With an indistinct grey sky, indistinct green trees, and indistinct green field and focus on the yellow with a 100mm lens leaves me less than enthusiastic I'm afraid.

Are you talking about the first or the second group?

On the first I don't seem to be bothered by what you mentioned although you are right that DOF is not that good and the sky is far from interesting. I could try what stamper said and take it out entirely out of picture although I'm not sure what it would do to the scale.

On the second group the first 3 are more like showing the potential, they are not where I was hoping so I have no defending to do there.

The last color one doesn't fit your description anyway.
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: armand on September 03, 2013, 07:13:46 pm
I just saw you second post. I'm not totally sold on the need for front to back deep dof in all landscape shots, particularly where it's more about shapes and colors. I do admit I try to get more than less most of the times though  ;)
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: armand on September 04, 2013, 04:30:07 pm
Here are a few modified versions. Better?
Title: Re: This morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 05, 2013, 03:00:43 pm
The two "pastel"s are delicious.

Jeremy