Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 02, 2013, 04:47:39 pm
-
Worth a look: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/earth/10280016/The-winners-in-the-British-Wildlife-Photography-Awards-2013.html
Jeremy
-
The resolution sucks, but that's the web for ya. Still, some rather intriguing work there! Love the otter.
Thanks for sharing!
Mike.
-
Some excellent work, thanks for sharing.
As for the low resolution, I have to agree but I'm sure that the majority of viewers will use a low-res device and spend less than 10 seconds on each photo.
-
I suppose that for those who care about higher resolution, you are mean to buy the "stunning book" (http://bwpawards.org/c/competition/book) or attend one of the exhibitions (http://bwpawards.org/c/galleries/exhibitions) as advertised, rather than expect to get it for free and without effort!
Also, I just noticed that there is a better slide-show if you go to the actual awards site instead of through the Telegraph: http://bwpawards.org and click on the "eye-con".
And if you cannot get to any of those venues, another option is a similar exhibition at the National Museum of Natural History in Washington:
2012 World's Best nature Photography: Windland Smith Rice International Awards (http://www.mnh.si.edu/exhibits/natures-best-2012/photographs.html) Also with a book of course.