Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Peter Stacey on August 26, 2013, 08:45:19 pm

Title: Blue
Post by: Peter Stacey on August 26, 2013, 08:45:19 pm
Inspired by Chris Calohan's latest image ('untitled'), here's an older one of mine that also contains round windows.

Not an artistic image at all, but I liked the arrangement of the building lines, the reflection, the windows and the dominance of the blue color throughout. It all just appealed to my simple eye.

(http://peterstacey.com/img/untitled-5.jpg)
Title: Re: Blue
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 26, 2013, 09:19:18 pm
I like the reflective qualities you obtained. On my monitor, your blues lean a bit more toward purple than blue.
Title: Re: Blue
Post by: Peter Stacey on August 26, 2013, 09:22:22 pm
I like the reflective qualities you obtained. On my monitor, your blues lean a bit more toward purple than blue.

Yeah, purple is probably a better description.
Title: Re: Blue
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 27, 2013, 12:20:39 am
It's a very nice complement to Chris's "Untitled."
Title: Re: Blue
Post by: wolfnowl on August 27, 2013, 02:45:15 am
I like the reflective qualities you obtained. On my monitor, your blues lean a bit more toward purple than blue.
Indeed!

Mike.
Title: Re: Blue
Post by: francois on August 27, 2013, 05:48:39 am
In addition to the reflections, I like the rectangular vs round windows…