Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on August 25, 2013, 07:47:58 pm

Title: Rooms with a View
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 25, 2013, 07:47:58 pm
(http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3705/9588909881_13024595de_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: degrub on August 26, 2013, 01:56:19 am
Nicely seen. The only thing i don't like about the composition is the dueling receding perspective lines. I think the upper one is more interesting.

Frank
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: wolfnowl on August 26, 2013, 02:28:15 am
I agree.

Mike.
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 26, 2013, 07:29:25 am
Eliminate the last three balconies?
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: muntanela on August 26, 2013, 09:51:01 am
It lets me remember the archetype (maybe) of the genre of this photo: the balconies of the Bauhaus photographed by Moholy-Nagy.
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: David Eckels on August 26, 2013, 09:59:31 am
Eliminate the last three balconies?
Yes. I like this very much, but they are distracting to my eye. I also think the tones are right on.
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 26, 2013, 10:15:00 am
I had several other perspectives of this shot. I think in lieu of the comments, this view might evoke a more pronounced visual and I think emotional response. And yes, very much Moholy-Nagy influence here.

Balconies - Life on the Outside

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/9600315024_e2e7eb9a60_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Rooms with a View
Post by: David Eckels on August 26, 2013, 10:34:56 am
Personally, I like the original left right framing and have just chopped at the edge of the other balconies; changes the aspect ration though. If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the OP. Than "hanging diagonals" appeal to me