Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Peter Stacey on August 24, 2013, 01:17:48 am
-
(http://peterstacey.com/img/4441745232_f52ae7664a_o.jpg)
-
This is definitely different. Have you boosted the saturation? At the end of the day it doesn't matter because it is a fine image and it is one that keeps you looking, therefore it works. :)
-
No, no saturation boost.
Virtually straight from camera, converted in Lightroom with just a touch of vibrance (which didn't hit the red or blue, only the dry paved areas) and then sharpening, but nothing else.
I played around with trying to darken the specular highlight line on the left, but didn't like any of the results, so just left it as well.
-
Superb! The reflection looks like liquid/metallic inks…
-
Beautiful!
Rob C
-
Strange. I like it much, but somewhat it puzzling me.
Harald
-
Well seen!
-
+1
-
Me likes it too! Well Seen.
-
Very cool!
-
Well seen!
+3.
-
Thanks all for the replies.
Strange. I like it much, but somewhat it puzzling me.
That's partly what I imagined when I shot this. The 'what is it?' factor at first glance.
Here's a different shot that puts it in context:
(http://peterstacey.com/img/untitled-1.jpg)
Regards,
Peter
-
Wow! +4 or 5 or whatever we're up to now!
Mike.
-
Beautiful!
Rob C
Yes!
-
That first rendering is by far the better image BECAUSE of the indeterminate nature of the image. It is a wonderful mystery. Although it is clearly not blood, the viewer can't help but have that idea spinning in their subconscious. The different textures of reflective surfaces are fascinating. I think when you first see it you are assaulted with the idea of an abstract image, but then you start to decode it and understand what you are seeing. Adding in the buildings takes away the mystery and makes it merely a nice bright and colorful night shot.