Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: amolitor on August 23, 2013, 10:22:09 am

Title: Wall
Post by: amolitor on August 23, 2013, 10:22:09 am
.
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 24, 2013, 12:16:03 pm
Don't like how you "burned" the upper right bricks. I think the emphasis should be on the flowers but if not, then the wall needs to have much more work done to it so it is the dominate focal point.
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: RSL on August 24, 2013, 12:41:12 pm
I have to agree with Chris, Andrew, though I'm not sure you "burned" the upper right bricks. The problem is with the flash of sunlight on a white-painted wall that jerks the eye away from the daiseys. It would be very good if the sunlight were on the flowers.
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: amolitor on August 24, 2013, 06:38:42 pm
Hmm, how disappointing. For me the clear point of interest in the black metal flower, but that's clearly because I am interested in it, not because of any graphical properties of the picture.

I'm going to have to rethink this and take another shot at it. Luckily, it's right out my front door.

Thanks, guys!
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: kencameron on August 25, 2013, 06:23:41 pm
For me the clear point of interest in the black metal flower

I like the idea. I guess it might work better if it didn't overlap the black grid (and maybe seen from closer).
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: amolitor on August 25, 2013, 07:31:10 pm
I like the idea. I guess it might work better if it didn't overlap the black grid (and maybe seen from closer).
Thanks! You'll be seeing this thing again pretty soon, and closer is definitely a piece of the puzzle I am pretty sure!
Title: Re: Wall
Post by: cjogo on August 25, 2013, 07:48:19 pm
The black grid :( --- but what else can you do.  You liked the image -- and had a good composition goin'