Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JB Rasor on August 22, 2013, 12:40:23 am

Title: Epson Pro 3880 Stability
Post by: JB Rasor on August 22, 2013, 12:40:23 am
I have recently purchased an Epson 3880 and, due to the size, also an office table to place it on. However, when the printer prints, the table does quite a bit of side to side rocking, despite it being a fairly sturdy office table. My silly question, please forgive me, is should I be concerned about the side to side movement? Any possibility of misplaced ink, knocking the head out of allignment, etc? I'd hate to have to spring for another option, but if it is a less than ideal setup I will. Thanks all.

JB
 
Title: Re: Epson Pro 3880 Stability
Post by: Schewe on August 22, 2013, 01:53:31 am
Not a problem...the inertia caused by the head will cause a back and forth movement but it doesn't effect the printer. Just don't drop it...they don't like hitting the floor :~(
Title: Re: Epson Pro 3880 Stability
Post by: Stefan Ohlsson on August 22, 2013, 02:12:55 am
I have recently purchased an Epson 3880 and, due to the size, also an office table to place it on. However, when the printer prints, the table does quite a bit of side to side rocking, despite it being a fairly sturdy office table. My silly question, please forgive me, is should I be concerned about the side to side movement? Any possibility of misplaced ink, knocking the head out of allignment, etc? I'd hate to have to spring for another option, but if it is a less than ideal setup I will. Thanks all.

JB
 
Not at all. My printers are placed on the stands that Epson provides and they rock as well. When I asked Epson about that they said that the gentle rocking keeps the pigments in suspension.
Title: Re: Epson Pro 3880 Stability
Post by: JB Rasor on August 22, 2013, 03:23:13 am
Thanks guys. I was hoping that was the case.
By the way Jeff, my print quality has gotten really good since watching Camera to Print & Screen. Fantastic tutorials!