Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Damir on August 16, 2013, 06:32:13 am

Title: Epson 9800 profiles
Post by: Damir on August 16, 2013, 06:32:13 am
Hi

I got used 9800 in excellent condition for good price. After installing all software everything is running OK except that there are no profiles anywhere, therefore I can only use option "printer manage color" for printing.

Searching on Epson pages they do not provide separate profiles for download, they state that profiles are installed with drivers.

I tired to reinstall all software but with no help at all. System is Windows XP 32.

Can someone send to me profile for Epson papers by mail?

Thank you in advance.

Damir
Title: Re: Epson 9800 profiles
Post by: I.T. Supplies on August 16, 2013, 09:54:17 am
Damir,

The best thing to do is install the drivers from Epson.  They should list the ICC profiles that were available during the timeframe of the printer.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=60322&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_XP-32

Not sure which bit your OS is, but if they don't have many drivers, than the best option is to purchase a colormunki photo or other hardware that can create person ICC profiles.  Most fine art brands may still have profiles for the older models.

Atlex.com
Title: Re: Epson 9800 profiles
Post by: na goodman on August 16, 2013, 10:40:14 am
You still should be able to download them from the link that Atlex pointed you to. If not, I have profiles for the 9800 that I could email to you.
Title: Re: Epson 9800 profiles
Post by: Damir on August 16, 2013, 03:02:56 pm
I got a sample package of EPSON paper that I want to try, therefore I do not have enough paper to create ICC profiles. I have HP DJ Z3100 GP PS 24" with APS so I use it for creating profiles for other printers also.

I instaled driver, I see papers in Epson dialog, but profiles are not instaled in windows so I can not print in a way that Photoshop manage color. I tred to reinstal driver bot nothing happened, profiles are still missing.

Goodman it will be great if you can mail profiles to me, it seems that this will be easiest way.

Thank you
Title: Re: Epson 9800 profiles
Post by: na goodman on August 16, 2013, 03:40:08 pm
If you could send me an email I'll send them off to you.